The rumors have finally been confirmed and my hopes realized! Rock Band is officially coming back with Rock Band 4 this year. Developer Harmonix announced today the return of the beloved franchise for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
There are not many details on game currently but Harmonix has promised that there will be more details soon. Currently, this is what we do know:
- Rock Band will be out this year for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 but there’s no specific date yet.
- DLC purchased from the store or exported from a disc will transfer over to the new generation of consoles at not addition cost as the content is made available. (PS3 -> PS4, Xbox 360 -> Xbox One) No cross-brand platform compatibility.
- There will be newly designed instruments but Harmonix is working closely with Mad Catz, Sony, and Microsoft on solutions for letting us use legacy hardware on new consoles. More info will come on whether or not this will actually happen.
- Instruments will be the ones that you’re familiar with from the previous generations of Rock Band games.
- New songs and features will be revealed at a later date.
For now, this is what we know about Rock Band 4 but more details are soon to come. Sound off in the comments below! Are you looking forward to Rock Band 4? What features would you like to see?